EQUITY JOURNAL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
GUIDE TO AUTHORS
Equity Journal of Science and Technology (EQUIJOST) is published by the Kebbi State University of Science and Technology, Aliero (KSUSTA) and supported by the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND). It is a high quality biannual, an open access, peer reviewed, online and print journal that is aimed at publishing researches that are relevant to scientific findings. EQUIJOST is set to publish vital information regarding scientific discoveries and inventions, collection and dissemination of solution to major scientific challenges as well as providing a forum for publication of new findings.
The journal cuts across subject areas like Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Biological Sciences (Microbiology, Botany, Zoology, Entomology, Parasitology, etc), Medical Sciences, Biochemistry, Computer Science, Information Technology, Agricultural Sciences, (Animal Science, Soil Science, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Extension, Fisheries, Crop Science), Engineering and related fields.
Categories of manuscripts
Presentation of original findings in scientific research; it involves full length presentation of research findings.
These involve the presentation of research findings that do not warrant full length publication, or of preliminary findings for rapid publication.
These focus on evaluating existing state of knowledge on a particular aspect in science and technology.
Components and Order of Manuscript
4) Main body/Text: The text should be divided into sections, each with a separate heading and numbered consecutively. The section/subsection headings should be typed on a separate line, e.g.,
1. Introduction: Subtitles/headings under introduction should carry the label; 1.1, 1.2, 1.3…, Tables should be labeled as Table 1.1, Table 1.2, while figures as Figure 1.1, 1.2, 1.3… etc.
2. Materials and Methods: Subtitles/headings under this section should carry the label; 2.1, 2.2, 2.3… Tables should be labeled as Table 2.1, 2.2, 2.3…, while figures as Figure 2.1, 2.2, 2.3… etc.
3. Results and Discussion: Subtitles/headings under this section should also carry the label; 3.1, 3.2, 3.3… and Tables labeled as Table 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 …, while figures as Figure 3.1, 3.2, 3.3… etc.
Note: Plant Names (Scientific and Local Names are required): Scientific names must be used for all plant species and are to be in italic font (e.g., Psidium guajava).
5. Recommendation (Optional)
The Vancouver reference style should be used.
For single author: “as demonstrated by Usman , the new method has a number of advantages”
For more than one author: “as demonstrated by Adewale et al. , the new method has a number of advantages”
References should be arranged in numerical order.
Journal, books, conferences, etc. should be written in the following format:
1. Usman AH, John MG, Uba KU. Water Quality Estimation. Equity Journal of Science and Technology. 2013;1(1):665–672.
2. Skoog GM. The universe, 2nd ed. Ibadan: Fodulex press; 2003. 43 p.
3. Omoniyi V C, Manga AU. Kinetics of Removal of Ovalbumin from Wine Model Solution. In: Patrick K, Ahmad E, editors. 31st Chemical Society of Nigeria Conference and Exhibition; 2010 Sept 22–26; Lagos: Lagos; University of Lagos press; 2010. p. 75-80.
Internet material other than journal
4. James J, Parker R, Pisigan J, Thurman N. Estimating Pesticide Concentration in Drinking Water [internet]. New York: EPA; 2006 Jan [cited 2020 Jul 03]. 34 p. Available from http://www.epa.gov/sapoly/sap/meetings/2000/september/sepoo_sap_dw_0907.pdf
9. Appendix. Auxiliary analyses or tables whose details are subordinate to the main theme of the paper should normally appear in the appendix. Each appendix should have a title.
Manuscript Formatting Requirements
In order for a NEW submission to be forwarded from EQUIJOST Secretariat to the Chief Editor and subsequently to reviewers, the submission must meet the following formatting requirements before being cleared for peer review:
Length of no more than 16 pages (double-spaced, including the text or main body through appendices, including abstract, tables and figure captions and references. Manuscript over the length limit will be forwarded to the Chief Editor for final approval.
Text must be set using Times New Roman, 12-point font, and double-spaced measured anywhere on the page, from the Abstract through Appendices. All pages must be numbered sequentially at the bottom center.
Figures (if any) should appear embedded within the manuscript body. They can as well appear at the end of the manuscript file, after the references, with figure title stated below the figure.
Note: All titles of Figures and Tables must carry the label of the section in which they are embedded. e.g., Table 1.1, 3.2, Figure 2.1 etc.
Charges: A payment of five thousand naira (₦5000.00) assessment and manuscript handling charge and upon acceptatance of manuscript, authors are required to pay page charges of ten thousand Naira (₦10,000) or One hundred Dollars ($100) for international contributors. Payment must be made only to: Account Name: EQUIJOST, Account No. 4001002729, Bank: ECOBANK PLC., or via Money transfer (For International Authors) to The Editor-in-Chief, EQUIJOST Journal, Kebbi State University of Science and Technology, PMB 1144 Aliero, Kebbi State Nigeria.
Evidence of payment: Author should forward payment detail or scanned copy of pay slip to us via our email firstname.lastname@example.org.